WHAT'S NEW ABOUT THE IN MODEL?
- The backrest is now made up of only one piece of fabric, so there is no interrupt of the pattern.
- The size of the back support was enlarged.
- Because there is no sew in the middle of the backrest, the label with the carrier logo has been moved.
2. Seams moved
The seams on the backrest are now moved further apart to better help to create a pocket for easier positioning of the baby in the pocket of the backrest.
3. Knee padding
- Backrest now has a straight cut for padding under the knee.
- The padding is wider, thicker (2 cm) and not underlaid by a strap, thus more comfortable for children.
4. Tightening on the sides of the backrest
- The ladder buckle on the sides has been replaced with a more elegant type (also by shoulder straps).
- There is now a D-buckle on the end of the strap for a more comfortable grip.
Tighting this strap reduce the size of the carrier, it is also tightening up the padding under the knees.
Loosening the straps in this section creates bigger size of the carrier and the space for thicker thighs of older children, possibly for a layer of clothing will be created.
5. Waist belt
Soft waist belt is stitched. This has made the belt, while still soft and conformable, a little firmer overall and should provide more support even for heavier babies (some mothers switch to a firm padding around 10 kg babies) and also fits the figure better (without the stitching, the lower part of the middle part of the belt was slightly protruding).
The shape remains the same, the firm padding is not stitched.
6. Two-sides adjusting buckles
- Chest strap
Previously, the chest strap was tightened on the left side only. On the EVO model, the chest strap can be removed from the straps and put on upside down (the hood attachment buckles can be rotated upwards) for right-hand tightening.
With the new IN model, everyone chooses which side is more comfortable for tightening without having to rotate.
- Side buckles
Now the side buckles on the shoulder straps are two-side adjusting, not just one-side.
When worn in front, you can now tight a strap at the shoulder strap and secured in the elastic and use the front tightening at the side of the backrest.
When you wear on your back, you can reverse the tightening – tight the strap leading from the side of the carrier, secure in the elastic and tighten the shoulder strap forward.
Because the side buckle now doesn't have a safety lock it has a backing with securing elastics.
As far as the actual use of the carrier is concerned, according to tests with children of different proportions, it can be concluded that the carrier can still be recommended from 4-6 months, now up to 3,5-4 years.
As the backrest has been enlarged, the carrier in the smallest size is now more suitable for larger children with approx. 66 cm when fully withdrawn. At full size it can be used fully for "non-standard big children" until the child is 3,5 years old, it will last to 4 years even longer for tinier children.
We believe these changes will make wearing KiBi much easier and more enjoyable.