KiBi is a Czech growing soft structured carrier. The MAXI model is designed for carrying children from 1,5 year to 6 years (max. load 29 kg). However, due to the amount of excess fabric after tightening, it is rather recommended from the age of two.
The patented design comes from the Czech Republic, the carrier is sewn in a Czech sewing manufactury using as many Czech or EU materials as possible.
The carrier is designed in a way that promotes healthy posture for toddlers and is very versatile, in that it grows with your child. You can adjust it for small or tall children while keeping them very comfortable.
It has all the elements of a classic ergonomic baby carrier for heavy children - a sturdy waist belt, comfortably padded shoulder straps, a fabric backrest made of 100% cotton and a headrest for a restful sleep of larger kids.
But it also has a few enhancements that will make you enjoy wearing it even more:
1. The ability to adjust the width of the backrest at the buttocks and feet
Small babies should be gently positioned in the carrier, with their legs apart and their knees higher than their bottom ("M position"). This is helped by a support that always reaches below the baby's knees. As the baby grows, you can use the buttons to adjust the width of the fabric under the baby's legs so the baby does not "grow out" of the carrier.
At the narrowest setting, the support under the legs is about 36 cm wide along the waist belt, but you must allow for the baby's bottom, which will stretch the fabric after positiong the baby - depending on the baby's needs, the width starts at 37 cm.
In the widest setting then 64 cm along the waist belt, 69 cm between the tops of the padding under the child's legs.
2. The height of the backrest can be infinitely adjusted
At the top, the backrest is loosely attached to the shoulder straps - this allows it to be pulled up or down continuously according to the actual need. If the baby falls asleep, you simply pull the backrest up to the top of the head to secure it against sudden recline. The backrest can be secured at the desired height using the sewn-in carabiners. The minimum height of the backrest is approx. 42 cm, the maximum approx. 67 cm.
3. It is designed to be worn on in the front, on the back and on the side.
4. When carrying toddlers, the ability to roll the carrier into a roll like a "fanny pack" and secure it at the waist belt is useful. This way, you can keep the carrier buckled at the waist even when your baby is running around - without it trailing behind you. When carrying bigger children, it can also be used as a hip seat...
5. The carrier is also comfortable for the wearer. It's designed to adjust to tiny moms and burly dads. The shoulder straps are adjustable so the padding will always be on your shoulders. The waist belt can be tightened to a smallest circumference of approx. 58 cm and the maximum waist circumference is 135 cm. Thanks to the ergonomically shaped waist belt, the carrier easily adapts to your body shape.
To secure the head of sleeping toddlers, a headrest made of lightweight canvas is provided. The headrest can be rolled up and carried in the inner pocket at the top of the backrest or left hanging loose and used as a shade in the summer months.
6. The new IN model has two-side tightening buckles on the shoulder straps and chest strap.
The safety and health of children have been given great importance in the manufacture of the carrier. All materials have been tested for the presence of chemicals and comply with Decree No. 84/2001 Coll. - safety for children under 3 years of age.
The functionality of the carrier and chemical safety complies with the current standard for soft structured carriers EN 13209-2:2015.
Material: 100% cotton
Maintenance: Wash before first use. Do not use a pillow case. Machine washable at 30 ° C - gentle program, do not tumble dry, iron low, do not bleach.
*Gentle washing tip here.
Instruction booklet in each packing included (you can download PDF here).
Made in Czech Republic, EU. Construction patented.